Hey everyone! I wanted to take a moment and talk about my personal boundaries that I’m starting to cultivate for myself going forward. As you know my previous relationship was an abusive one and I have a lot of trauma from that. So with that comes maybe stricter boundaries. And I’m not going to apologize for that. I shouldn’t have to. I deserve to have boundaries. So here are the one’s I’ve decided to cultivate so far. I’m sure I will add to over time.
- I would NEVER feel comfortable with my partner talking to another girl alone. I really want to honor that we all have different friend needs and tastes and personalities. I would prefer we all hung out, or texted in a group text. I would never text another guy or girl alone either. (I’m bi sexual) I would even go as far as to check phones and be extremely transparent. I would never want to hurt my partner. If that’s to extreme for a person then it’s not meant to be.
- I would also feel uncomfortable with following lots of females on social media. That’s a huge red flag for me.
- I’m not into open relationships, while I honor those who want that! I really support those who do. I just know personally I can’t handle that. I would get really insecure and feel almost not good enough.
- I would need constant reassurance and that is something I’m working on. But I do need that right now and lots of affection. I’m not going to apologize for that.
- Please don’t lie to me, abuse me, gaslight me, hurt me or anything like that. I realize hurts might accidentally happen but please try your best.
There are more boundaries I have but I wanted to share these so far!