- We’re not ticking time bombs
- We’re not trying to get attention by talking about our “cool mental illness”.
- We aren’t broken, stupid or incapable of living normal lives
- We can have jobs (I run 3 businesses thank you very much)
- We can have normal relationships, it just takes a little extra love and care. Not too much to ask.
- We can’t just calm down, get over it or cheer up.
- Telling us that it could be worse is not comforting at all, in fact it makes us freak out more.
- Telling us that everything will be okay doesn’t help either.
- We didn’t choose to have a mental illness so don’t make us feel like it’s our fault.
- We are not broken. I really want to emphasize that.
- Despite our mental illnesses we are just like you! So please treat us with respect and kindness.
Published by Amanda Nicole
I'm a writer, podcaster and dog walker. Come get to know me!
View all posts by Amanda Nicole